La compañía UNDP Careers ha abierto oportunidades de empleo para el puesto de COUNTRY OFFICE SECURITY ASSOCIATE en la región de Francisco Morazán. El tipo de trabajo que ofrecemos es Jornada completa.
Los requisitos que buscamos en los candidatos son tener habilidades en Administración con experiencia en Sin experiencia, además de ser honestos, disciplinados y responsables.
La compañía UNDP Careers se dedica al sector Asuntos internacionales, por lo que si estás interesado en solicitar, puedes hacerlo directamente.
Informacion del trabajo
|COUNTRY OFFICE SECURITY ASSOCIATE
|Francisco Morazán, Tegucigalpa - Francisco Morazán
|Nivel de antigüedad:
|Tipo de empleo:
Descripción del trabajo
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Country Office success in its delivery of UNDP programmes is dependent on ensuring an adequate security framework is in place. The Host Government has primary responsibility for the security and protection of personnel employed by United Nations Security Management System organizations, their eligible family members, and property. The Country Office security team, in collaboration with UNDP Security Office and regional security staff, reinforces and supplements the capacity of the Host Government where needed to enable ongoing delivery of UNDP programmes, particularly in insecure and unstable environments. Specifically, the security team ensures the integration and mainstreaming of security risk management into Country Office operations, including incorporation of security considerations into the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all country office projects and programmes.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist in providing security management support and provide guidance on relevant security policies and regulations to enable effective programme delivery throughout the country while protecting and minimizing those risks to UNDP personnel and operations.
- Contribute to and support security risk management for UN Security Management Systems (SMS) and UNDP Programmes in designated areas. Assist in mainstreaming security and its costs into all levels of programme design, implementation and delivery by monitoring assigned projects and programmes, under guidance of more senior security staff in the country or region.
- Under the direction of and in close coordination with more senior security staff in the country or region, review the impact of security factors on UNDP Programme design and delivery as well as the potential impact that programmes might have on stability and security. Make recommendations regarding possible security needs and improvements.
- Under the direction of and in close coordination with more senior security staff in the country or region, assist in conducting UNDP security risk assessments, and advise the CO management on security measures for UNDP offices and projects in all locations to address security risks and support their implementation.
- Support the implementation of person-centered security risk management approaches to address specific threats or vulnerabilities in alignment with security assessment results and procedures.
- Provide inputs to UNDSS in preparing country security documents covering areas where UNDP staff, dependents and equipment are present.
- Assist in supporting CO in implementation of the Country Security Plan, Contingency Plans, Business Continuity Management, and the UN Security Framework.
- Work with country office security team and coordinate with UNDSS to ensure availability of updated and adequate procedures for dealing with emergencies involving UNDP staff and operations, in consultation with or guidance from senior security staff in country or region.
- In conjunction with the HR Unit, maintain and regularly provide updated Staff Lists to UNDSS to ensure that all UNDP personnel are covered by relevant Security Plans.
- Formulate and test UNDP specific security and contingency plans in the country office, as needed, and the Country Office Business Continuity Plans.
- Coordinate with UNDSS in implementation of fire safety, first aid, and radio communications training for the appropriate staff members.
- Organize and support delivery of training, briefings and courses on security issues/awareness and preparedness; and provide security orientation to newly assigned staff members.
- In coordination with HR, monitor UNDP staff security training compliance.
- Liaise with UNDP administration and provide advice on the selection and procurement of appropriate security equipment (vehicles, telecommunication equipment), and monitor their deployment and functionality.
- Monitor the security compliance of UNDP premises and international staff residences.
- Provide input to implementation of physical security and security risk management measures for UNDP premises.
- Conduct periodic appropriate security assessments of UNDP premises and equipment and provide advice on shortfalls in security preparedness with recommended improvements and solutions.
- Represent UNDP security interests, when delegated, in any common premises that UNDP occupies in country ensuring that staff safety and security are primary considerations.
- Provide timely and accurate information and briefings to UNDP Management and advice to staff on security procedures, processes and requirements; and maintain contact with security counterparts internally and externally to facilitate the flow of information on important security matters affecting UNDP programmes, the Country Office and its personnel.
- Produce and provide substantive support in the preparation of security reports as required by the Country Office and the Security Office.
- For all security and safety related incidents involving UNDP staff and eligible dependents, be prepared for 24-hour response in coordination with UNDSS and immediately report such incidents to UNDSS in the country as well as to the most senior security staff in the duty station or the UNDP Security Office.
- Maintain and test UNDP Country Office communication systems and processes to ensure integration with UN Security Emergency System.
- Coordinate with partner organizations and counterparts to ensure the safety and security of UNDP staff as the highest priority in planning and carrying out missions.
- Represent UNDP at security meetings, as appropriate, and in absence of Field Security Specialist or National Security Officer.
- Contribute to knowledge networks and professional communities.
LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility
LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner
LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Required Skills And Experience
- Secondary Education is required.
- University degree (bachelor’s or master’s equivalent) in Political Science, Military Studies, Security Management, Management or a relevant field will be given due consideration, but is not a requirement.
- Applicable security, police and/or military training is desirable.
Experience, Knowledge, And Skills
- Minimum of 6 years (with high school diploma) or 3 years (with bachelor’s degree) of relevant progressively responsible experience in security, preferably in the military or police context or related field of work. Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO is desirable.
- Experience in the use of computers, office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), database packages, and web-based management systems such as ERP.
- Experience in the use of radio communications systems and knowledge of Country security codes is desirable.
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish and working knowledge in English is required
Important information for US Permanent Residents (‘Green Card’ holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant Information About UNDP Rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Ambiente confortable
- Se enseña al empezar a trabajar
- Bono de salario si hay horas extras
Información de solicitud de empleo
La información que proporcionamos anteriormente puede actualizarse repentinamente, siga buscando la información completa a través del botón "Aplica ya" o en el sitio web oficial de la empresa UNDP Careers, para no encontrar eventos no deseados.
Consejos del administrador: solicitar un trabajo es gratis.
Ojalá consigas el trabajo que deseas.
- Haga clic en el botón "Aplica ya" arriba.
- Después de eso, será dirigido a la página de Envío de Solicitudes, hay consejos para enviar solicitudes y entrevistas.
- En la página de envío de solicitudes, haga clic en el botón "Formulario de solicitud".
- En esa página puede ver información más completa de la empresa y ver la cantidad de personas que solicitan el trabajo.
- Lo siguiente es hacer clic en "Aplicar".
- Por favor, regístrese en el sitio web si no tiene una cuenta, pero si la tiene, puede llenar inmediatamente el formulario de solicitud.