La empresa International Rescue Committee está brindando oportunidades de empleo para el cargo de Director of Finance and Operations en la región de Francisco Morazán. El tipo de trabajo que ofrecemos es Jornada completa.
Estamos buscando candidatos con habilidades en Finanzas y Ventas y experiencia en Director, así como personas honestas, disciplinadas y responsables.
El salario estimado ofrecido por nuestra empresa es bastante competitivo, alrededor de L 10,000 - L 19,000 (por Mes). Sin embargo, dicho salario puede variar dependiendo de la decisión de la compañía.
International Rescue Committee se especializa en el sector Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro, por lo tanto, si estás interesado en postularte, puedes hacerlo directamente.
Informacion del trabajo
|International Rescue Committee
|Director of Finance and Operations
|Tipo de ubicación de trabajo:
|Francisco Morazán, Tegucigalpa - Francisco Morazán
|Finanzas y Ventas
|Nivel de antigüedad:
|HNL 10.000 - HNL 19.000 per Month
|Tipo de empleo:
|Gestión de organizaciones sin ánimo de lucro
Descripción del trabajo
Requisition ID: req44871
Job Title: Director of Finance and Operations
Employment Category: Proposal
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Yes
Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Work Arrangement: In-person
The International Rescue Committee’s mission is to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded over 80 years ago, the IRC is a leading humanitarian and development organization with presence in more than 40 countries. Across contexts, the IRC is committed to delivering innovative, high-impact programs tailored to the needs of communities affected by crisis.
The International Rescue Committee began responding to the growing humanitarian crisis in Honduras since 2018. IRC Honduras has reached more than 243,745 people with integrated services including research-driven education interventions, gender-based violence response programs, child protection services, protection coordination, cash for families in crisis and increased access to trustworthy information. The IRC serves individuals and families who are internally displaced, returned asylum seekers and refugees, and survivors of violence especially women, girls, and the LGBTQ+ population. Where there are gaps in the delivery of humanitarian assistance for people identified as most at risk of harm, IRC delivers direct services and works to strengthen national systems.
SCOPE OF WORK
The IRC seeks a Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) for an anticipated five-year USAID Improved (Re)Integration Services activity. The project will increase sustainable (re)integration of returned Honduran migrants and internally displaced persons (IDPs) to reduce irregular migration to the US and ensure that returnees and IDPs find safety, as well as satisfactory social services and economic opportunities, within communities of origin. The $15.5M Improved (Re)Integration Services Activity will focus on empowering and enabling existing local government and NGOs to provide better services with more uniformity in the quality of services across the country, suggestions for policy improvement and execution related to inclusive services for returnees and IDPs, including case management, and improve community outreach interventions.
The Director of Finance and Operations will be responsible for the day-to-day project activities including but not limited to: adherence to donor funding and compliance principles, procurement processes, due diligence checks, accurate and compliant financial records, human resources, office set up and maintenance, and other related operational activities. S/he will work closely with the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, technical staff, technical and local partners to ensure that operational needs are met, donor deadlines are adhered to, and IRC, USAID, and USG rules and regulations are strictly followed.
This position is contingent on the IRC being awarded funding and is anticipated to begin in November 2023. The position is based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are in compliance with IRC and USAID policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Establishes project’s finance and supporting function policies, systems and procedures, and directs or performs their development, documentation, and implementation.
- Manages project finance activities and schedules to meet the financial reporting requirements and deadlines specified by New York HQ and USAID.
- Prepares quarterly accrual reports, expenditure reporting, and burn rate projections.
- Provides project management and program staff with monthly actual-to-budget expenditure reports and analysis for project funds and facilitate the review and discussion.
- Ensures balance sheet reconciliations are completed monthly and on a timely basis and review final reconciliations and trial balances with the Chief of Party.
- Closely monitors all financial activities and keeps the Chief of Party advised of all situations which have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial performance.
- Directs the preparation of and approval of all USAID financial reports in respect to accounting, legal and contractual requirements and ensures the review of such reports by the Chief of Party and HQ prior to submission.
- Enforces internal control policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of local government requirements related to financial matters and ensures compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirements.
- Establishes project finance roles and responsibilities matrix; ensures job descriptions are current; recruits and maintains qualified staff to perform finance functions.
- Provide oversight of Operations teams, including Procurement, Finance, Grants, Logistics, HR, Security, and administrative support staff.
- Develops and implements a training program for the project’s Finance staff.
- Ensures constructive performance reviews are completed on a timely basis and facilitates discussion of performance and career options with project finance staff.
- Supervises all project office bank relations and bank account activities including negotiation of fees, interest and currency exchange rates.
- In compliance with IRC policy, establishes policies regarding cash holding limits, cash movements and foreign currency holdings of the project.
- Oversees the timely preparation, review and approval of all monthly bank accounts and cash reconciliations.
- Designs, implements, and monitors systems, procedures and reporting necessary to maintain on current basis accurate forecasts of cash requirements for meeting future spending, including commitments entered into and which obligate IRC to future spending.
- Supervises the preparation of Cash Transfer Requests to New York and ensures that appropriate cash balances are maintained to facilitate project implementation.
- Assists with the preparation and revision of project budgets.
- Prepares the annual and monthly cash budgets based on approved funding.
- Support consortium partners with finance, accounting and administrative matters, maintain collaborative partner relations, and ensure effective delivery of project support when needed.
- Oversee all sub-grantees/sub-contractors adherence to USAID, IRC, and host country policies.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the IRC Finance team and Senior Management Team, supervise implementation of audit recommendations when necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance with a recognized professional certificate in accounting such as CPA, or a master’s degree in Accounting or similar field.
- Minimum of seven years in similar financial, compliance, or operational role supporting USAID and international donor projects in similar contexts.
- Experience with budgeting and financial reporting requirements on multimillion-dollar USAID-funded projects.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices, financial reporting standards, financial management processes and procedures.
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations.
- Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems, standard spreadsheet and database programs.
- Significant previous experience working in crisis-affected contexts, preferably in North Central America or Honduras specifically.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders.
- Experience working to incorporate issues of Government accountability, transparency, and equity in education programs, including gender, ethnicity, and disability inclusion.
- Experience with financial management and reporting on projects with substantial subawards, and overseeing international and local sub-recipients and grantees.
- Capacity to work well under pressure, and the ability to communicate appropriately and effectively cross‐culturally is critical.
- The candidate must be fluent in English and Spanish.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
WOMEN, MINORITIES AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Bono por horas extras
- Gana experiencia
- Ambiente de trabajo cómodo
Información de solicitud de empleo
La información que proporcionamos anteriormente puede actualizarse repentinamente, siga buscando la información completa a través del botón "Aplica ya" o en el sitio web oficial de la empresa International Rescue Committee, para no encontrar eventos no deseados.
Consejos del administrador: solicitar un trabajo es gratis.
Ojalá consigas el trabajo que deseas.
- Haga clic en el botón "Aplica ya" arriba.
- Después de eso, será dirigido a la página de Envío de Solicitudes, hay consejos para enviar solicitudes y entrevistas.
- En la página de envío de solicitudes, haga clic en el botón "Formulario de solicitud".
- En esa página puede ver información más completa de la empresa y ver la cantidad de personas que solicitan el trabajo.
- Lo siguiente es hacer clic en "Aplicar".
- Por favor, regístrese en el sitio web si no tiene una cuenta, pero si la tiene, puede llenar inmediatamente el formulario de solicitud.