La compañía Cuso International ha abierto oportunidades de empleo para el puesto de Gender Equality Advisor 3 en la región de Francisco Morazán. El tipo de trabajo que ofrecemos es Jornada completa.
Los requisitos que buscamos en los candidatos son tener habilidades en Otro con experiencia en Intermedio, además de ser honestos, disciplinados y responsables.
La compañía Cuso International se dedica al sector Tecnología & información e internet, por lo que si estás interesado en solicitar, puedes hacerlo directamente.
Informacion del trabajo
|Gender Equality Advisor 3
|Francisco Morazán, Tegucigalpa - Francisco Morazán
|Nivel de antigüedad:
|Tipo de empleo:
|información e internet, Tecnología
Descripción del trabajo
Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Start Date: September 2023
Placement Length: 12 Months
Language Requirements: Spanish Level 4-Advanced
Please submit a Spanish Resume and Statement of Interest
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada Only
The Volunteer’s Role
Are you passionate about gender equality and reducing discrimination against women? If so, this might be the role for you!
As the Gender Advisor, you will work closely with the project team to develop the capacity of local partners to support and strengthen women’s organizations and movements that advance women’s rights, gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
Apply to this position and help women to find a safe place and help empower them to overcome past experiences
As a volunteer, you will:
- Support local Partners of Cuso International in Honduras in assuring gender mainstreaming in main projects.
- Analysis and revision of the Institutional Policy of Gender and the Institutional Strategic Plan in order to align normative instruments.
- University degree in social, economics, international development and/or equivalent experience in a related field
- Knowledge and experience in Gender Equality
- Previous experience in planning processes, administration, planning, and strategy design
- Experience in research, teaching, training and/or facilitation processes
- Knowledge and experience applying participatory approaches and tools
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
What’s in it for YOU? A life-changing experience!
About Us And The Project
Cuso International is an international cooperation and development organization that works to create economic and social opportunities for marginalized groups. Together with our partners, we are focused on efforts to advance gender equality and social inclusion, improve economic resilience, and deliver progress on climate action. We believe that by sharing skills, we can build better futures. Founded in 1961, Cuso International works in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Canada.
Project – Sharing Canadian Expertise for Inclusive Development and Gender Equality (SHARE)
Cuso International will deliver the Sharing Canadian Expertise for Inclusive Development and Gender Equality (SHARE) project, with a contribution from Global Affairs Canada (GAC) over seven years (2020-2027). SHARE aims to improve the economic and/or social well-being of the poorest, most marginalized and vulnerable people, particularly women and girls, in developing countries, with a view to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals. In addition to increasing engagement of Canadians in international development and key global issues, this project will aim to increase the performance of country partners to deliver more inclusive, innovative and environmentally sustainable development initiatives that advance gender equality, in support of the action areas of Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy.
Terms and Conditions
Cuso International terms and conditions allow you to lead a modest and healthy lifestyle while being effective in your placement. This support package will cover basic living expenses for one volunteer and is not intended to cover home-based expenses (ex. loans, support payments, etc.) or luxury items such as imported items in placement or international personal travel.
- Modest monthly living allowance
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication, and health insurance
- Pre-departure training, in-country orientation, and reintegration debriefing, including travel and accommodation (more details below)
- On the ground support through our Cuso International country program office
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
- Please note that if you are shortlisted for the placement, you will be required to:
- Provide two Professional References and one Personal Reference
- Complete an oral assessment during your preliminary telephone interview in the language required for your placement
- Obtain a Police Check at our request
- Complete a full medical exam and be medically cleared by the Cuso International Medical Advisor prior to your departure
- Due to the COVID-19 situation, be double vaccinated in accordance with the World Health Organization-approved vaccines
- We seek individuals who share our values and are dedicated to supporting marginalized groups, including those from the LGBTQIA+ communities
We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,00. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.
Pre-departure Training and Briefing
We commit to helping you prepare as best as possible for your placement. You will have an advisor to support you through the process and will receive essential training as part of your preparation. This training is designed to maximize your understanding of your placement and culture, help you identify and plan your own learning, and help you stay safe and healthy during your placement.
Overview of pre-departure training:
- Skills and Knowledge for Working in Development (SKWID) program: blended online and in-person training, including 3-day training in Ottawa (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
- Self-directed briefing documents, online training and external resources accessed through the volunteer portal
- Online health briefing
- Fundraising 101 Webinar
In-Country Training and Learning
You will receive an In-Country Orientation (ICO) that builds upon the pre-departure training. This will be conducted by either the country program office or the supporting partner organization. This normally lasts for 2-10 days (depending on language learning requirements and other factors). In some countries, volunteers will be able to access ongoing language training opportunities. In-Country Orientation equips you with the relevant skills, knowledge, and country-specific information to be successful in your placement. Furthermore, our Country Program Office or local partner will provide you with continuous in-country support throughout the duration of your placement.
Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Cuso International works with poor, vulnerable and marginalized people, mainly women and girls, to eradicate poverty and inequality. We understand the need to uphold and enforce the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct.
At Cuso International, we believe that all people, regardless of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity or disability have the right to live lives free of harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse.
Cuso International considers all forms of harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse to be incompatible with fundamental belief in the human dignity of all people, international and national agreements and standards, and with its core values. Cuso International volunteers must agree to uphold the Child Protection, Prevention of Workplace Violence, Prevention of Workplace Harassment and Discrimination, and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policies and Code of Conduct.
Residency and Citizenship
The majority of Cuso International volunteer applicants are residing in Canada at the time of application and during the pre-departure process. Occasionally we received applications from volunteer applicants who are residing outside of Canada at the time of application. In both instances, between your application date and placement start date, we must be able to contact you and you must be able to contact us easily and promptly throughout the process.
We may require your passport and would need to be aware of your current place of residence and any travel plans you may have during this time. You will also require unrestricted access to Canada during this time for training, as applicable.
Leaving your country of residence can have significant effects on your citizenship status in that country. It is your responsibility to research the consequences of traveling to Canada during the pre-departure process if you are living outside of Canada and of leaving your country of residence for a placement with the immigration authority where you live.
By applying to this placement, you accept full responsibility for any consequences related to your citizenship, residency, and immigration status or penalties as a result of travel to pre-departure training, international placement, or other Cuso International related travel.
You must check the implications that apply to you, but examples include:
- Canadian permanent residents may need to make arrangements with immigration authorities before traveling. These arrangements allow them to travel without risk to their status in Canada. Without them, residency status may be withdrawn.
- Citizens of other countries, including those visiting Canada on a visa, may have travel restrictions.
- Ambiente confortable
- Se enseña al empezar a trabajar
- Bono de salario si hay horas extras
Información de solicitud de empleo
La información que proporcionamos anteriormente puede actualizarse repentinamente, siga buscando la información completa a través del botón "Aplica ya" o en el sitio web oficial de la empresa Cuso International, para no encontrar eventos no deseados.
Consejos del administrador: solicitar un trabajo es gratis.
Ojalá consigas el trabajo que deseas.
- Haga clic en el botón "Aplica ya" arriba.
- Después de eso, será dirigido a la página de Envío de Solicitudes, hay consejos para enviar solicitudes y entrevistas.
- En la página de envío de solicitudes, haga clic en el botón "Formulario de solicitud".
- En esa página puede ver información más completa de la empresa y ver la cantidad de personas que solicitan el trabajo.
- Lo siguiente es hacer clic en "Aplicar".
- Por favor, regístrese en el sitio web si no tiene una cuenta, pero si la tiene, puede llenar inmediatamente el formulario de solicitud.